ABOUT THE COMPANY:
BCR - Buckeye Construction & Restoration is a specialty contractor focused on the repair, restoration, and modification of masonry, concrete, and steel structures. Combining old world craftsmanship with modern technology, our team specializes in making structures last longer. Our work supports many industries/structures including historic buildings, schools, universities, stadiums, churches, parking garages, commercial buildings, office buildings, municipal buildings, industrial buildings, water/waste water, infrastructure, and many others.
Our services include:
- Façade and building envelope
- Reinforcement and strengthening
- Facilities upgrades and modification
- Historic preservation and restoration
- Building maintenance
Supervise a crew of laborers and skilled employees to successfully complete an assigned project.
- Supervises a crew of multiple employees and prioritizes work.
- Monitor crew work for quality.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Submits crewmembers’ timesheets into payroll by deadline.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITITES:
- Basic knowledge of administration and management. Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in construction of steel erection.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong—to recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys and job specifications.
- Advanced mechanical skills a plus.
- Proficient at using basic computer software such as Microsoft Office and Outlook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
Vision, Dental, AD&D
Company provided Life Insurance
401K match after first 3 months
Leading by Taking Action
Exceeding Customer Expectations
Swift to Change